Author Topic: License clarification  (Read 1456 times)

BenPool

License clarification
« on: February 25, 2015, 06:31:54 AM »
Hi,

I work for a small business making games with Unity 3D and I'm very interested in using World Machine for generating our terrains. Unfortunately, as the company consists of just the three of us and not a whole lot of cash, we have to make hard choices on what we can and can't buy for our purposes.

Looking at your licensing options, I see there's both a professional version and a professional site version. What I was wondering was, if I buy the professional one person license, and am the sole user of the world machine programme itself, are we allowed to use what I export to Unity? The exported results would be used by everyone else for making the games, so would that warrant a site license?

Many thanks for your help and I look forward to adding your software to our work flow one day!

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-machine.com/
Re: License clarification
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »
Hi there,

Yes -- all the commercial versions of World Machine allow use of the output in your own games, visualizations, etc.

The site license allows for a company to purchase World Machine for all seats at a single location, but wouldn't really be applicable to your scenario.
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine