Author Topic: Issue installing  (Read 1565 times)

Chaim Krause

Issue installing
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:37:53 PM »
During the install I get an error that all the files have not be copied. I says that I can copy them manually. However, it doesn't say what files to copy?

I have a screencast at: http://screencast.com/t/OwTLLJkc

ozdeadmeat

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Issue installing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
W:\\ isnt a valid directory

try

W:\World Machine Documents\

Let me know if that works for you.

OzDM OuT

Teppar

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 05:20:18 AM »
hello

I have the same issue and i can't find a solution for it and need my money back because I found a another programm for creating terrains

WM_Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 11:44:10 PM »
Hi Teppar and others!

This may be happening when you specify a Documents folder during the setup of World Machine that isn't valid. To copy the files manually, go to the C:/Program Files (x86)/World Machine {whatever edition you have}. In that folder, copy the folders for Examples, Presets, and Macros. Copy those to a new folder of your choice, then let World Machine know where that folder is. My recommendation is to create a World Machine Documents folder wherever you'd like, copy those documents to that folder, start World Machine, go to Preferences, and then Paths. Then on the Paths page, for click set for each item and enter the path for where you put that folder. That should solve the installation issue, I hope! Let me know if it doesn't.

All of that is obviously quite a pain, which is why World Machine tries to do it for you during installation!

Teppar - if you are having trouble and have decided to use a different software and would like a refund, feel free to contact our support line at [email protected] That's the best way to get direct help of that nature. Thanks!

- Your Friendly World Machine Forum Moderator :)