• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

August 22, 2019, 03:37:01 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Opinions on GeoGlyph?

Started by vinny, November 11, 2015, 03:46:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vinny

Has anyone bought GeoGlyph? Is it worth the price? I've downloaded the community editions, but the built-in samples didn't really had any appeal. Stock WM seems to produce the same results.

Maximum-Dev

I bought the $300 edition and it does have some really good stuff to work with but it's a matter of whether you really NEED it or not. What it ultimately does is it saves you a bunch of time.

OlaHaldor

Hi Vinny, I've got Geoglyph as well. I purchased the Indie version at $99 and I'm very happy with it. I need some time getting used to some of the devices, but it's really awesome how you can transform the landscape so much with just a single device.
Windows 10 Pro | i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080

oli

I have the $99 version. It is really great and useful, downside is the limitation to 4K outputs for the Indie version and single seat licence (very bad when working in virtual machine in addition to native PC). The $300 version doesn't have the 4K limitation but honestly, this is more expansive than World Machine itself :)

JBT27

Agreed on getting the indie version - there's still a lot you can do with 4K, and those devices produce some great results.  But I couldn't justify stretching to $300 for the full version.  Also, the panel doesn't minimise with WM, which is a hassle - they need to get some GUI stuff sorted there.

OlaHaldor

I'm doing a terrain for a client now, and I can totally see the benefit of going beyond the 4K limit of the indie license. If this client comes back (or I get more jobs later on) I might think of getting the pro license as it's become a vital part of my workflow. I would probably make it without Geoglyph, but with a bit more headache.
Windows 10 Pro | i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview