• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

October 16, 2019, 10:07:31 am

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Layout generator and drawing with lines - SLOW

Started by caldreemn, February 19, 2018, 08:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

caldreemn

Hi,

I know this issue has been brought up before on the forums, but drawing lines with the layout generator renders use of WM completely unusable. When trying to draw the line(s), or manipulate the line(s), the system slows to a crawl.

My computer is running the latest build of Windows 10, Intel 5960 (8 core), 64GB of RAM and (4) Titan X Pascals.

Can you please update us with some information on whether, or not this can, or will be addressed?

Thanks.

WM_Moderator

Hi! Thanks for posting. I've recently started helping World Machine as Community Liaison, so will periodically pop into forums / support tickets.

Yes, that's one of the bugs we're currently trying to track down and resolve. If all goes well and we can figure out why that's happening, we'll put out a bug-fix in the coming weeks that resolves the issue. Crossing my fingers but yep, absolutely working on it!

caldreemn

Layout shapes dramatically improved with 3020.

Thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

WM_Moderator

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview