• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2019, 05:41:19 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Huge resolution builds and memory

Started by Stephen, January 09, 2006, 05:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Naima

HI I have tried a 16 k res world buildingin tiles , 64 tiles and several maps , well useless to say that it took the whole day from morning to evening , I checked , all 2048 res for tile , 100% blending and merge into one single output , well with much disappointment it made all the maps split into pieces and didn't merge them together , and it didn't save the bitmap altough it was yellow in the viewport ... why ? I don't want to spend another day to find out that it doesn't work ... how can I do to fix?

Pryzm

We are also having the same problem trying to build a 32km x 32 km world made up of 10 or so 8193 x 8193 tiles.  Trying to build this word always fails without question.  We are using windows 7 x64 on a machine with 16gb memory.

This is really causing us huge project delays, as our proposed work flow as documented cannot pass the integration/testing right now.

Would increasing the memory of the system even more help?  Would using an SSD help?

Thanks

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview