• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2019, 09:19:51 am

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Are The Mods Dead?

Started by jimmyww, June 04, 2019, 07:53:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyww

I guess the mods must be dead and took their passwords to the grave.
Does anyone know how to contact them?

pokoy

This place looks deserted most of the time, and mods/dev seem to post here once a year, it's like that for the last 3 years or more. WM development stalled, than revived out of a sudden, only to decline recently yet again.
Considering forum and general presence is the most important part of good support, it might not be worth waiting for any sign of life... If WM was important in my daily work I would've looked for alternatives long ago. Just my 2 cents... hopefully a mod or the dev can chime in and answer your question.

WFab

Yeah it's been like this for the last few years. If you want answers, ask specific questions about world machine. Most forums, especially those driven by hobbyists, have been killed by "discord". Most of the conversations are trapped in closed servers over there. The reclusive folks over at World Machine LLC make matters worse.

I personally check the forums quite frequently, and engage where I can. But yeah, the sentiment isn't shared by many here. If anyone disagrees, come over and say hi lol!

I see that your account has been approved already, now all that's holding you back is yourself. Make some noise! See if you can get people out of their caves! I tried that with a dedicated group on FB, worked to an extent. But then discord suggestions came in and members split off into small groups again. Everywhere I see, mine is the last post. It's like I'm the only person actively using worldmachine lol!

Hope to see your posts soon @jimmyww!

Polynaught

That is soooo depressing to read.
Seems like Discord kind of dissipates all the special knowledge into small locked groups where it never leaves again - and once these groups "die", the knowledge also gets lost because it cannot be "googled". Some backyard Discord server might have these conversations stored, but nobody ever will be able to find it.
Is this the way the internet will evolve? From open (open-minded, open source) to closed and lost? Hopefully not.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview