• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

July 22, 2019, 05:55:43 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Question about road creation

Started by Lupin, October 07, 2008, 02:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupin

October 07, 2008, 02:18:18 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:03:06 pm by Lupin
I've been playing around with World Machine for a few days now and I think I am getting the hang of it. I have a question about road creation though. I have created roads using the same method that is in the online tutorial file, yet I get odd deep grooves along the edges of the created road. You can see it in the image I uploaded.

What is causing the deep grooves and what can I do to minimize it and make it look more natural blend into the terrain?

Feel free to comment on whatever. :)

Lupin

October 07, 2008, 02:25:02 pm #1 Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:28:15 pm by Lupin
one more closer image of the deep grooved roads. :) Are they just sunk in to low into the ground? I notice that the roads blend better when the curve for their lofting profile is well above the ground, but when the roads gets very even to the terrain, the grooves show up?

Lupin

Well, I fixed it. :)

Turns out I had a brain fart and had connected one of the nodes incorrectly from the layout generator.

Moving on...

nikita

I wondered about that but couldn't find a solution - glad you solved it. :)
"Every time you read or write beyond the end of an array, somewhere a fairy dies."
Richard Buckland

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview