Dunes

As far as I know, there no simple way, how to make realistic looking dunes. Currently I am generating dunes via simple filter in other tool and importing as height map into WM workflow, but I would really like to have terrain 100% made in WM, current approach has some limits. Would be possible to add some filter, or macro? Thanks.

1 Like

Since this is standard device for other tools, I would like to appeal to add it here too. Thanks.

Hi there,

Not a bad idea… to help me understand more, are you looking for something along the lines of a shape primitive/macro to create dune shapes, or a more simulation-type device that can blow sand and model accumulation of dunes?

Hello, just random generation (you specify seed, height, density…). Similar device like WC has, no reason to overengeneer :slight_smile:

Something like this:

The simulation-type device sounds really interesting and is in my opinion more flexible, as it could create a normal dune landscape but also “dunefy” rocky terrain (imagine combining that with a snowmelt device), and because of the simulation probably better looking. So far the workarounds I’ve seen are OK but not very realistic.