A random personal project

This one started as a an exercise for a smooth illustrative style river valley. Took a different turn along the way due to some technical limitations of create water device. Simple things I constantly struggle with all rolled into one.

Turns out I was right, simple things are aren’t necessarily easy to build. A tweak here, a change there, and before you know it you’re drowning in self criticism lol! Got sidetracked with some paid gigs, and left it abandoned. Last night I found some inspiration, and finished it in a single 9 hour sitting! Not my best work by a long shot, but certainly a hefty learning experience! Here’s some screens. Still a lot too be done, but after some rest lol!

4 Likes

Some proper renders with water mesh, using Blender 2.9

Uncompressed versions can be found here

Thanks for visiting!

Really like the riverbed and bluff texturing here!

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

That “bluff texturing” is making it very hard to extract accurate masks lol! But I kinda like this look as a final! Decompositing the river as per your suggestion some time back, helped a lot while texturing everything around it. Now what I need to do is extract accurate masks out of the megatexture itself. Still working on this bit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.