[Advanced Perlin] ~ Elevation center heights not customizable?

So.

I’m trying to build a very large terrain, something like 30x30km and with a max height of just 7.471m.

As you know, the Advanced Perlin device has a very useful parameter called “elevation center” that defines the average height of the terrain features it generates. The problem is that this parameter is only adjustable through the slider; inserting a custom value in the text field on the right doesnt produce any result and the previous value actually gets restored.
For what I’ve noticed, the difference between the steps at which the value can be set are proportional to the max world altitude (proportion is more or less 1/32). So I could actually decide to reduce the max altitude so that steps are smaller, but then, to maintain the map proportions I should reduce the map size as well, which, in turn, will also involve reducing the Advanced Perlin’s features size.
All, good, so far, you just have to plan it before starting to build your chains and everything’s ok.

Except I find very hard to work on a map this small, because it doesnt give me the right feeling about features’ size.

So I’d like to know if there’s any way to improve the “elevation center” value precision besides reducing the max altitude. I’ve tried using an Integer Generator to input the value, but it doesnt produce any effect.

Any possible solution? =\

Hi there,

You’re on the right track; except what you want to do is hook up a Scalar device rather than an integer one to the elevation parameter. This will let you dial in very precisely a value. Note that the scalar will be scaled to the min and max ranges of the parameter you hook it to: so for example, a scalar value of 0 and 1 will give you the minimum and maximum elevations specified in the project setup dialog for example.

Omg, it works perfectly!!! ^0^

Thanks, I love you!! ^.^