Alpifier is a shaping macro which converts a simple heightmap input to a rocky, eroded, alp-like mountain range. The macro is easy to use and does not need much tweaking to provide a great result. Additionally, I labeled and detailed every process inside of the macro to make it easy to jump in and play around with the nodes. This node is in the very early stages of development so I really hope to get some feedback and suggestions if you use this.
Gallery included at end of this post
Contact me on Discord: sasha#5044
Initial Shaping - Control ridge frequency and strength.
Complex Shaping - Control distortion amount and direction.
Terracing - Control terracing intensity and modulation.
Natural - Finalizes shaping with thermal and hydraulic erosion.
Note: This macro works best on small to medium-sized terrain. While it can handle larger scale terrains, it may need some tweaking to get good looking results.
- Added ridge amount and ridge strength sliders.
- Added terracing strength and modulation sliders.
- Added distortion angle slider.
- Changed name from Alpinifier to Alpifier.
- Added randomize seeds button (currently non-functional, if anyone knows how to set this up to affect an integer generator node please DM me on Discord)
- Redeveloped terrace masking.
More images soon!