archipelago

Is there anyone available to assist me in the beginning stages of creating an archipelago style map? My issues arise when I try and add detail to certain medium sized islands, and the details I try to add cannot appear when I scale them according to my island size, and when I leave them be in the layout generator they far out scale the size of my island. The only workaround I have found is raising the size of the map, however this causes resolution issues when importing into Unreal Engine.

Feel free to email me if you are willing to help, have a nice day
email: rmussell2@gmail.com

Hey there,

What sort of detail are you trying to add? Is it detail from a perlin noise generator, or are you manually drawing shapes in the layout tool, or something else? Do you have a screenshot you could share of the problem? Hopefully we can help once we have more details. Thanks!

• WM Moderator :slight_smile:

After a while I figured out a way to do it nicely, not perfect however. (always more kinks to sort out, especially when im using the program to do something that it wasn’t made for ;p)

Glad it’s working, or at least partially! Not sure if this is helpful, and you may have already seen this, but there’s an archipelago in the sample worlds - take a look at Beginner Tutorial #1 and see the 3rd and 4th render extent. Is that similar to what you’re looking to do?