Artist Point Project of the Day - Great Rocks Coast

This is another project based on an Example World in World Machine called Great Rocks. It’s based on the Artist Point revision demonstrating the use of PBR material. On seeing it the first time, in the lighting that was set up for the scene, I thought it would make a great, rocky shore. My version has a bit more distortion and is 16 km square, hopefully enough to serve as a sea-level setting in a 3D scene. I included water geometry, but I don’t know if it actually created a water-tight volume or just a surface plane. It looks like the latter, but I don’t have a 3D app set up where I could go in and check.

I debated whether or not just “really liking” the original was sufficient reason to do such a close rebuild. It doesn’t really show anything new, unless you count adding a water mesh to my Scene Output. But it’s something someone might want to see in practice, so I’ll post the .tmd for it, as usual.

https://skfb.ly/oqMz6
Odd. This time the link isn’t loading the 3D viewer. I’ll try it with the full embed link.

Great Rocks Coast 211110 01.tmd (361.5 KB)

1 Like

@Stephen, sorry to bother you with such a simple question, but my memory isn’t good enough to remember if you can specify which extents are being used in the Scene Output device. I’ll check the device documentation, but I suspect that information might not be there. Can you still add <extents> to the file name?

Edit: Nope. Maybe there’s no ‘s’ but my test got an ‘INVALID’ where I entered <extents>. I know I used something like this in the past, but all my original work files were lost when my old laptop died on me.

The active render extent is always the one build and exported by all devices.

You can use <extent> to insert the name of the current render extent for any output. The list of available tags is in the Export Manager (5th toolbar button).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.