Basic Coverage Preset Problem

Hi,

In the properties for the basic coverage macro there is these presets options. I have some trouble
with this. My saved presets never really gets saved. Only just when I’m working with the scene. When I open
a new scene or start a new project there are only the default preset.

I don’t understand the point in me having the ability to save my presets if they don’t get saved anyway?

• Terje

This does seem like a strange design decision, but it is for several good reasons.

The most important reason is this one: What defines identity for a macro? In other words, if I take the Basic Coverage macro and modify it internally, is it still a Basic Coverage macro? What about if those changes cause the new preset to not work at all with older Basic Coverage macros, or to work oddly? Should a macro that has been modified internally still share presets with its predecessor? If not, what kind of changes are “breaking”?

There are many possible solutions to that issue, but not one of them satisfactorily addresses all of the issues.

Thus, the current solution, effectively, is to punt. Macros keep their presets internally, and when you modify or save new presets (or new macro devices!) you’re only changing the one that exists in your current world. If you want those presets to become available in the library as a whole, you need to re-save your macro out to the macro library where it will then have all the new presets available.

I realize this is NOT ideal, but it is the current best solution I’ve come up with. I’m open to any suggestions on this front!

Ok. I understand.
Thanks for you’r reply :slight_smile:

Regards,
Terje