Beach Macro Uploaded

I just placed a new macro for making beaches in my small WM web-space

Check it here: Beach Maker.dev.

Cheers,

This seems to work fairly well. Nicely done. Handy for those who just want to make beaches in a simple way on an existing terrain without fiddling around with details. In fact, just what macros are for. :smiley:

• Oshyan

Nevermind, After 2 hours of trying IN VAIN to create parameters for editing the amount of the island and everything, I found this guy’s macro in an old post:
http://terrafgen.free.fr/Macros.htm

I’ve pulled my weak macro.
I do however wish I had a clue as to why it utterly refuses to let me add parameters to a macro.
Oh well. I’ve got entities to write anyway.

WorldMachine ROCKS.

Thanx Stephen.

:smiley:

That’s my site :stuck_out_tongue:

The Beach Maker macro by Fil is more powerful, because you can choose which terrain will be “beached”… The Island macro on my website is an old one, with no parameters, and you can’t choose the shape of you terrain. …and it’s slow ^^

To use Fil’s macro, you first have to connect a terrain (for example, a perlin noise) on the left part of a macro.

@Rhalph Hi,is there a way to make the river macro able to make smaller,rivers more of a way to create streams or brooks???

Hi… I don’t really understand your question…
A sort of river, but just on a part of the map ?

Mh I’ve just made something (in ten minutes, wow !!), I hope it is what you wanted…
http://terrafgen.free.fr/Downloads/Macros/River_2.dev

If not, please explain better :wink:

Woops, I fixed two things : the mask was included in the displacement device, and I had forgot to use a clamp macro to normalize it after the effect of the “move anything” macro.
Same link than above.

Very nice Rhalph! I’ve learned something very usefull from your Mask macro! thanks!.. I’ve needed, in the past, to make auxiliary round mountains… Now I know how to do them!.. Usually I used to combine several gradients, the same way your Mask macro, but using the combiner in Max mode, and then blurring the result a bit… But this only gave me rounded octagonal piramids… Now that you used them in multiply mode, you’ve given me an idea how to get rounder results… so long for piramids and cones, now I’ll have parabolas, but at least they look softer with lesser effort…

I tried to look at the remainder of your River_2 macro… but I gave up for now :wink: I have other things to do right now :frowning: But I’ll be peeking inside it a few more times though :wink:

I did like the effect of the River Deepness (River Depth would sound better :P) parameter… I would only whish there was a better way to further reduce the depth of the river, without changing the original terrain we pass to your macro… For the case of larger valeys with a tiny string of water runing somewhere in the middle… The problem with changing the size parameter is that it creates a too-flat surface… Any way, it is very good…

Ps - Oh, I didn’t understand what the mask is used for any way… I think i hasn’t able to “adequately place it” yet :wink:

Cheers,

Thanks Rhalph,what i ment was,is there a way to make the river smaller when it is add to the terrain,so that it comes out looking like a stream…

I’ll give river_2 a try,and get back to you…Thanks again :smiley: