Blue status indicator in macro world?

Hi all, I had a strange problem today when I was editing a fairly straightforward macro. Whenever I built the world the status indicators on all the devices inside the macro turned blue, the preview of the heightfield on the input parameter turned very low resolution and nothing seemed to work too well. WM2 didn’t indicate any issues in the build and when I copied all the devices back into the main window it all worked fine.

Does the blue status indicator mean anything? I couldn’t find anything about it in the user guide or searching the forum but I’m sure I’ve missed something. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

Jonathan.

Blue means that the devices have been built but WM didn’t save their output. This happens when you use wm’s memory conservation.

Hmm, that’s strange as I’d got memory conservation turned off. I had been doing some big builds though so perhaps I’d run out of resources and caused some random issues.

It looks like the devices inside a macro are considered unimportant and thus their output is not kept. Makes sense to me, though it can probably be a bit annoying, when you try to design a macro.

That makes sense. I’ll design the macro in the main view and then put it into the macro world and wire up the parameters when it’s done.