Build 4011 Shape Editor

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but creating vertices in the shape editor took a huge hit. It almost has an exponential performance hit on every vertex added for me (I used to be able to make hundreds of vertices or more, now I can make 3-5 before it hangs for multiple seconds on adding more. It continues to get worse as more and more get added)

(Moved from the announcements board)

Hi there,

There aren’t any performance regressions that I know of, so I’m definitely interested. In my testing 4011 should be slightly faster (10%) across the board due to some compiler optimizations.

When does it get slow - during building, when adding vertices, when manipulating them, etc?

Can you check that the “Base Resolution” in preferences->Build Options is set the same (usually 128px)? If this is too high interactive editing will be chunky.

1 Like

All seems fine after uninstalling, deleting all remaining directories after uninstall, and then reinstalling it. Then I uninstalled it and upgraded to 4011.2 anyway. Seems to be fine now!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.