Can't load device help...

Yeah, like the title says, I can’t seem to load the device help from within the application, it just brings up a blank explorer window!

I checked and the help files are located in the install folder.

Running regular version, first time install.

Any ideas?

Which device is it?

Which ones? All!

If I open a device properties box and click on the ‘help’ button, Internet Explorer opens but nothing comes up.

The same happens if I click ‘Device Reference’ in the Help & Web Menu. Explorer opens but the page is blank.

I just tried a reinstall and it didn’t help.

What to do? Anyone else have this issue?

I’m using Standard Edition now, and the funny thing is I’m pretty sure the basic edition help system worked.

Operating system, version of IE, have any other browsers installed? Have you tried opening the files directly from the WM install dir?

• Oshyan

Well, it’s fixed, but I’m not sure what I changed to fix it. Regardless, here is what i did. (full version, because I’m not sure if my process had anything to do with it being fixed now):

First I went into Internet Settings and set all security and privacy settings back to default. This didn’t help.

Then I checked on the “Internet Explorer Should Check to see if it’s the default browser” in the Internet Preferences > Programs tab. Nada.

Then I unchecked the default browser check. Nope.

Then I went back into the security preferences under the Privacy tab and moved the slider up one unit, so it’s third form the top, one above default. Now when I launched WM the help system works.

I know, doesn’t make sense, but it works now.

The one thing I did notice when the help was broken–the Internet Explorer window that would pop up seemed dysfunctional. Menu items didn’t seem to work, such as help.

Now that I think about it, the problem showed up with other applications that needed an Explorer window too. Like Photoshop and the like.

Anyway, hip hip hoora, and thanks for everyones input!

Wow… indeed - that doesn’t make sense at all :mrgreen:
But it’s windows, so it is not that surprising :twisted:

But if it works… :slight_smile: