Cliffside

Hi!
I need help to find a procedure the can create Sharp cliffsides…

I have Terraced sides that are step but when I apply erosion it destroys the cliff sides and makes ALOT of channels on the cliff…

use different erosion passes on different height, higher sediment carry amount at the bottom. If you could post a screen I could be more specific.

thank you for advice,
Yes I am trying to us Hight and slop angel and us it as a mask. I have not find a good solution to the cliff side so far…
It tends to make these “stripes” on my cliff side . I want more plain cliff side not so eroded…

Well, the best solution would be sculpting the cliffside manually. This is the classic wm problem, caused by the way heightfields work. One solution you can use is create a mask for the cliff side, then use this mask to apply some displaced shader in your rendering program. That will fix the artifacts maybe.

Currently testing WM for our studio and i think the best solution is laying down basic terrain features in WM and finishing them in Mudbox since you have a lot more control over everything, nodes are great but when you reach a certain level of complexity it could quickly begin to be cluttered and productivity get to a stand still.

When you are good with Mudbox there no terrain features that you cannot achieve with it. A combination of both is a sure win win situation.

I think that WM would benefit greatly from a brush system similar to Mudbox.

Regards Peter