color and terrain

hi everyone…my name is Adam…I workd on making games mostley producing displacments for real time
Just wondering if we can get a few more color terrain examples going for wm2…Ive been using wm for a while but the new color things…well I just want to see what others are making…and I guess specifically real world examples or regions…so lets start to post some stuff
:slight_smile:

Hi Adam,

there’s a few interesting cases that I worked up, such as creating farmlands, etc that are fairly logical and interesting. I’ll see if I can dig them up and post them

Hi is Adam again,
Yeah Id love to see those farmland examples if you can dig them up:) Im now using this software as one of my primary tools for work,just thought that you might also be interested a game thats almost finsihed that I used Wmpro to create the panoramas…and next version of the game I think its going to be my primary tool…along side Earth Sculptor for hand painting.
so here is the game

and here is another little example of some terrain I did for the source engine…totally made from wm2pro
http://www.vimeo.com/1622635

adam:)

I’m working on a Surface Generator Makro atm.

[the (NUMBERS) stand for pictures]

You can make simple colormaps (1)
or/and add a effectmap from the errosion for example (preferably flowmap) (2)
or/and add a noise to the surface (3)
or/and use texturemaps overlayed by the chosen colors
or/and use texturemaps overlayed by the chosen colors and noise (4).
The useage in a network and general settings are held as simple as possible.

and here a picture rendered in max with default scanline render: (slightly different colorsettings on this one)

No one uses my macros “Simple Layer”?

to Rhalph
yep I use your macro all the time…its the quickest way to get some nice color effects in a scene…look here…http://www.vimeo.com/1622635 I made that terrain for hl2…with a 2048 tex with the simple layer. Though I would say we need some more options in that simple layer…maybe make another one called “not so simple” :slight_smile: Sometimes I find the simple layer hard to add more color over… like for example the other day I tried to get overlay a tree map “little green treetops” but getting it to blend right into simple layer was a bit tedious. And also when you might want to add some noise to the colors…Like for example some fine detail on cliff faces…maybe im just setting my world sise too small…anyway.

to Insanto, Nice work…cant wait to see what the macro is like to use :slight_smile:

the simple layer is quite cool but i needed something with slightly different options and the useage of textures.

I’m almost finished with optimizing the makro and am now finetuning it and making presets. the useage is held as simple as possible with keeping a maximum amount of controll for the (even novice) user.
here one more teaser :shock:

any word on how your macro is comming along? Id love to be able to play with it :smiley:
adam

it’s still WIP but i think i can quickly make a RC of it.
report back in 2 hrs and it should be ready :smiley:

there you go:

Coolio,
ill try and get a chance to play with it tomorrow at work…thanks :smiley:
adam

Wow thanks insanto!

can you build it in a way such that its easy to spit out an alpha map output with each color? pretty please?

this is an old topic, has this been finished yet?