Comfortable Brush plecement interface mode

I very love the idea of such tool, wish it be possible to do with WorldMachine: JakBB в X: «non-destructive terrain stamping tool for @UnrealEngine 100+ Custom Brushes now available on the Marketplace: https://t.co/aG06Zbf2kD #gamedev #UnrealEngine #environmentart https://t.co/4bfWzhugyu» / X

Currently i work on something like this with instance scattering, but it is impossible to achieve such comfort of brush placing

1 Like

I agree @JakBB 's tool is amazing! This option was discussed in the passed, iirc, but an issue with it is how you would implement such a feature in a procedural workflow. Because, if apply a brush to the base terrain of an Advanced Perlin, what happens then if you change that Advanced Perlin's state? Would you simply store the added brush values as a “differences” map? But then your result will drastically change upon changing the initial state. So, it brings a lot of unpredictable stuff with it. However, I would like to argue that having such a device that is then always the first node in the chain, would be really useful!

Lastly, this would mean Stephen would have to implement a whole brush system into WM, which is a lot of work I can imagine. I much more would like him to focus on other features instead, as I think the strenght of WM is the procedural workflow (which would allow us to make such brushes).

1. aaaa, ehehehe, yeeee - maybe i would like to have it only as first node in the chain

2. Currently WM already have brush-placing abilities, maybe it will be more time-profitable not implement workflow similar to Blender, Unreal Engine as on provided video, but just improve that stuff that WM already have - Here is simple project created only on already-existing WM brush placing.

This thing is already integrated into procedural system as separate node “File input”. The improvement suggestion is similar to the issues that you can spectate on the provided picture - WM could have one big node for brush placing instead of multiple. With separate setting for each loaded file. Maybe with some new settings specifically for this node. So you will just manage a lot of brushes inside of one node, that already have Brush-placing intaface.

Look, - this WM intaface is already comfortable for brush positionation

Maybe something like “File Input Layers Node” will be good, it will solve the same problem as Combiners have:
Thank you Stephan for Layers node - General Discussion - World Machine Community (world-machine.com)

Depressing turn of events eh…
:frowning_face:

1 Like