Cosmetic bugs

Whilst enjoying the new release of WM on Win XP, I have come across the following (mostly cosmetic):

a) Tooltips: when the pointer rests over a toolbar button the last visited button tooltip shows instead of the current one.

b) After writing a file with the file output device, the preview window for the file output device switches to what looks like maybe an 8bit pallet (?).

c) There does not appear to be a means of restoring a toolbar once it has been closed. At least not after a very cursory search. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if I have given insufficient information or if these issues have already been addressed elsewhere.

Abe

Well, most of what you said is known :slight_smile: There isn’t a toolbar manager yet, so if you close it, you’ll have to close WM also, to be able to see it next time :stuck_out_tongue: It’s inconvenient but true, for now…

Regarding tooltips, I can’t replicate what you say… what do you mean by last visited ? the last time you clicked it ? Mine appear to work fine!
There is a known issue with moving the toolbar and after doing that you loose all tooltips, but there is none so far about getting wrong tooltips… Can you say something more either about how it happened, or what OS you have?

Regarding the output preview… I don’t know if I understand well what you mean by 8bit pallet. If it is a different resolution view of the terrain, that is a known issue, if it is a kaos of colors that is wierd. what resolutions do you have for the preview, and what is the world size ? How does it happen? is it when the File Output writes during build, or is it when you click the “write output to disk!” button ?

Well, most of what you said is known :) There isn't a toolbar manager yet, so if you close it, you'll have to close WM also, to be able to see it next time :P

Seemed kind of obvious, but I didn’t want to assume…:slight_smile:

I’ll try to clarify my comment on the tool tips: when the cursor hovers over a button, a tool tip appears, however, it is not the correct one. Furthermore, if I move to another button after that and wait for the tool tip to show, the tip relevant to the previously visited button appears. This all happens while the toolbar is in its default docked position. I am running winXP.

The issue with the preview is in regards to the small real-time preview window on the left. Normally it shows smooth color gradients. However, upon building>write output to disk>file written (ok)>close file output dialog (ok) the color resolution in the preview window appears to change (that may be a misinterpretation, but that’s the impression). Hopefully the clips (in Height and H+S mode) below illustrate:

My graphics card is a GeForce4 Ti 4200 with color quality set to 32 bit.

Also, is there a list of known issues anywhere? Please tell me it’s not under my nose.:roll:

Abe

Regarding the tool tips, I am unable to duplicate your description…
That switching of mini-preview with 3D-preview resolutions with the File Output is known.
As for a list of known bugs that is publicly available… hmm I don’t know of any… Stephen kept an updates-list some time ago, though…

cheers,