Crash on loading a 16K by 16K bmp as rgb.

If I try to load up a 16384 squared BMP file, it loads it right, but if I hit interpret as RGB, world machine 2.2 x64 professional edition crashes with a visual c++ error.
I have plenty of free ram and hdd space. The crash always happens, I can 7zip and upload the file to an ftp or my host if you cant reproduce the bug. Also, the .bmp file was created with photoshop cs5 x64.
Thanks for your continued and awesome support of World Machine! It is still my most frequently used tool :smiley:

Hmm, it definitely sounds like a memory issue since a 16384x16384 bitmap when converted to float-RGB is ~3GB which would be right about the size that would make the 32bit edition fail.

Double check that you are launching the 64bit edition of World Machine – it will be labelled “World Machine 64bit Edition”.
Next, try using the 2.3 Beta (http://www.world-machine.com/beta/). If it still persists, upload the crash log and that will let me examine the issue in more depth.

Thanks!

Im using the x64 edition of WM, have tried with 2.3 beta as well, uploaded crash dump from 2.3 beta to your uploading system. Thanks!

Just to confirm that I’ve found and fixed this bug for the next beta.

There was a place in the bitmap handling code where a signed 32bit integer was being used to compute size and was overflowing.

As a temporary workaround, reducing the size of the input bitmap to approximately 13k x 13k will fix the problem.

Thanks for the help and the fix, using photoshop for now to handle the image.