crashing on cancel build

Hi

Is it jsut me ? If launch a build and then try to cancel it the app crashes.

Sometimes it comes back after 5 mins but often not.

-P

I just wanted to confirm this as well. It doesn’t always crash but it’s quite frequent.

Are these builds quite large (using a lot of memory)? I suspect if a cancel is requested when the application is already using virtual memory, there could be problems, depending what other applications you are running at the same time.

I usually have the task manager (actually, I use a replacement for the task manager called Process Explorer) but have a dual monitor system where it’s easier to view both WM and Explorer. For a Windows machine, I would really recommend Process Explorer which you can get free here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
It has a very nice system usage graphical display for CPU, Commit memory, and I/O bytes (click the small graphical display in the upper right-hand corner to get the large display.) There’s an option to replace the task manager (it doesn’t delete it – it just executes Process Explorer instead of the Task Manager when you do the Ctrl-Alt-Del key sequence.

There are quite a few additional utilities at that site.

WM only cancels between devices – so if its processing a very heavy device such as erosion, cancelling is only of limited benefit, it might take hours to respond to you again. This is certainly something that will be improved in an upcoming maintenance release.

Any news on this issue?

Regards,
Terje

It should be fixed, depending on the device – I don’t recall off the top of my head if all devices have been modified to support cancellation, but erosion certainly has.