Crater Curves flattening out the terrain completely

I found this tutorial on how to create an impact crater… http://www.world-machine.com/tutorials/craters/craters.html
And I downloaded the sample project. The weird thing is that the Curves is causing the entire terrain to become 2D. It’s eliminating the height entirely and I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m using WM Professional.

I didn’t change anything, I simply opened the file and it doesn’t work. Any idea how to fix this?

Are you viewing the output of the curves node, or the output of the overall flow? Select the final erosion node and look at it in the 3D preview.

Bueller?

TorQueMoD, what node are you viewing?

A simple fix is to plug the terrain into a displacement node, just plug it into both inputs and don’t mess around with the device itself, stay sure it stays on 0.

The way World Machine works is kinda weird sometimes, but the output of a displacement will always be a 3D terrain, if you want your 2D heightmap back just combine it with 0 power with another 2D mask, like a height selector

Sorry guys, my email alerts weren’t working so I didn’t know anyone replied.

That was the preview of the final result. This post is so old I don’t even remember what I did to solve it but I did because the level is released in my game :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! Old post, but just in case someone is still looking for an answer.

Right click on the device, and set “device display hint” to “terrain”.