Erosion (Registrated Version)

Hello Everybody.

This is my first post here but it won’t be my last. I’ve just bought WorldMachine, installed it and started the programm.
Wow. What the hell happened to the Perlin Noise. There is really a difference between the demo version and the registrated version :smiley:

Now to my question. I’ve hit the preview button for the standard project which contains perlin noise and the file output.
Everything works fine. The landscape was build very quickly.

Then, I’ve added erosion, so that the project contains perlin noise, erosion and the file output. I hit the preview button again but this time the landscape was build very slow.
It seems that the erosion was processed 4 times.

Is this correct?
I’ve connected the primary output of erosion to the primary input of file output.
So I would expect that the erosion was processed one time, because I haven’t connect other things to the other output connections of the erosion.

I hope my english is not so bad.

Ya, that sounds about right. It also depends on your erosion settings and terrain size. Right now I have a 4096 waiting for me to head for bed, it may be done in the AM. :lol:

Who else. Been through everything. this and the FMS site are the only ones I have this problem with. Looks like the same forum program too.

Sorry, my head is always elseware…

Welcome to World machine X-PaX

About an erosion device getting build 4 or 5 times: that has to do with the erosion type being set to Fluvial (river) and the numeber of iterations set to 4…
basically the “simple” part of the erosion device is “called” the number of times you define in itereations.
Oh, and when you start pushing up the terrain size, do expect an exponential increase in time :frowning: for each iteration…
Also, beware of the number of erosion devices you use, because there are still some memory issues lurking in v.99.
V1.0 will have these fixed, and will bring good news for the build time of erosions :wink: no miracles garanteed, bud it should be better :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Thank you guys.
I am happy that this is no World Machine Bug.
Good to know that it works like designed.

@manleystanley
I’ve nearly also forget to enter my Username for this reply :wink:

Don’t know why we have to do this, also we are already logged in.

okay. I think i’ve got the same problem as manleystanley.

Now I’ve logged in and can reply without problems.