Explorer View not working?

hello people,
i´m new to world machine and i really like it. amazing pics in the gallery.
but i have a few problems or maybe i dont understand how the program works.

thats what i see in explorer view. did i miss something or is explorer view broken?

the next problem i have is whit the output files. if i save it as a .ter file to use it in terragen i get a completely different pic with terragen as it is shown in world machine.
thats how it looks like in wm:

thats how the loaded .ter file looks like in terragen. look where the camera angle is and where it points to. it is all over mainland. but the 3d preview and the render only show water :frowning:

thats how the 3d preview looks like in terragen:

thats how the render with terragen looks like:

not to mention all the different colors each picture is showing :frowning: where is the nice green and brown of how it looks like in wm?

if i save it for pov-ray i get a .tga file. how do i load that file into pov-ray to make a render? actually im using pov-ray for ldraw and i´ve made some nice ldraw renderings. so i quite understand what pov-ray needs to make a render ( i hope :slight_smile: ). but how do i use a .tga to get a render?
isnt it possible to implement something like “render with terragen” or “render with pov-ray” ?

i guess thats all noob questions but i really wanna see my worlds rendered :frowning:

thanks for any help :slight_smile:

The strange Terragen outlook is due to the fact that WM heightfield is emitted with both positive and negative heights. Just rescale it vertically in Terragen with the Modify… dialog (if I remember well) to an appropriate not negative height range.

Bye!!!

Regarding the strange Explorer view, that is definitely not the way it is supposed to be. I suspect the problem is video card drivers: Find out what video card you have, and then look on the net for updated drivers. About 90% of the time, it fixes problems like that…

Hi,

I would simply set the water level in terragen to something like “-3000 metres” or use the modify function to set the terrain height.

The 3D View in wm is meant to visualise what the terrain looks like.
The colors there have no meaning at all.

In TG, you should adjust the Height Range (press “Modify…” in the landscape window) to better values. And you’ll have to set the water level yourself too.