Exporting 16bit TIFFs and RAW into Photoshop

Hello all,
I’ve search previous posts and cant find an answer. I’ve tried exporting out a 16bit TIFF file from WM and bringing it into Photoshop CS4 and I’m getting a weird result and cant figure it out. The thumbnail of the TIFF file shows correctly, however when I bring it into Photoshop it looks like the attached image; all messed up. Checking the Image>Mode in Photoshop show the file has the 32 bit checked. Weird!

I also cant seem to get Photoshop to recognize a Raw16 format, says it doesnt recognize that type of format. Though an 8bit RAW works fine.

It seems like the only type of 16bit format I can get to work is PNG.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Hmm. I can’t replicate this with Photoshop CS6 and 16bit TIFFs as either height or bitmap exports.

Photoshop will import Raw 16s as long as you specify them as such – use Open As, specify Photoshop RAW, and choose 1 channel,16bit and PC ordering to import correctly.

Cheers!

Thanks once again Stephen.

I got both working, the trick was using “Open As” and selecting the format. Both the TIFF and RAW open up in Photoshop just fine. So weird that the regular “Open” in Photoshop doesnt work.

Hopefully this topic helps someone in the future.