Fanciful Landscapes

Beyond fiction, this is fantasy! – ford

This one is called “arena world”.

Hehe- wacky!
I think Robbie Williams lives in this world.

monks

… and another.
“Enter by the narrow path”

… and another – f.

oops --that last one was a bit sloppy at the edges. Haste makes waste!. Sorry – f.

and another… – ford

and yet another… – f.

I think some of this could be useful for output as a non-terrain file such as a wall surface

monks

I’m going to assume that you are not being facetious, and agree with you!

I think this program could be almost seamlessly transmogrified into a procedural surface generator for just such a purpose.
The difference is that what would be added would be noise & function generators and transformers that need have no connection to any conceivable landform process.

A block for inputting arbitrary functions (maybe this is already part of “Pro”), would be useful, and these could be shared as macros.

Finally, a genetic algorithm sub function that would allow the user to “breed” new surfaces would really exciting, especially as it would allow folks with zero mathematical acumen (like me) to evolve surfaces completely intuitively.
The most advanced of these genetic algorithms - the hierarchical Bayesian Optimization Algorithm - can be found here: http://www-hboa.ge.uiuc.edu/
and is available as precompiled code – for a price!

Finally, what I most would like to see added is an inbuilt dxf or obj polygon output file, and perhaps, support for a rapid prototyping machine. I know, never satisfied.

But what the hey, I’m a sculptor!

ford

think this program could be almost seamlessly transmogrified into a procedural surface generator for just such a purpose. [/quiote]

Yes others have had the same idea. One of whom was himself a sculptor.

A block for inputting arbitrary functions (maybe this is already part of "Pro"), would be useful, and these could be shared as macros.

Something achieving the same ends has already been suggested- it’s a good idea. Bringing some of the same functionality of say TG2.

I think you should hang on for Pro. :slight_smile:

…the hBOA sounds interesting.

monks

This is really interesting, how does one go about and do something like that in WM?

Here are some more, done with WM 2. – f.

me again – “lavaland”

moi aussi!

“And now for something completely different…”

– f.

Oooh, very unique. I like it.

beautiful landscapes… nice… 8)

Gosh, the thread is still alive!

Thanks, I’m glad you liked them.

Of late, I’ve been toiling away at finding ways to blow these things up to monumental size, while still retaining something of the freshness of the originals. I think I’ve found one – VectorMagic. I won’t tell all my secrets, but check it out.

Just a hint.

-f.