Find Extents of the Clamp device

Hi all,

using WM 1.25 St-Ed., I just built a very simple world:
[list][]1st device is a perlin noise generator with standard settings (10013 random seed).
[
]This is connected to a Clamp device, set from 0.100 to 0.200, Clamp Style is “Clamp”, and not normalizing the input.
[*]This goes to a second Clamp device, with which I do nothing but hit the “Find Extents” button.[/list:u]As result I get the range from 0.120 to 0.190, which I believe is correct because the 1st Clamp device did not normalize the terrain, so it didn’t span the full range.

Next I go back to the settings of the first Clamp device and turn Normalize Input on. Then, hitting “Find Extents” again in the second clamp device, I get the height range from 0.090 to 0.190, which - imho - is clearly wrong.
(It also looks to me as if the precision of these numbers was limited to only two digits after the decimal, but that is just a guess.)

So unfortunately, this renders the work-around for learning the true terrain height span discussed in the other thread unreliable… :oops:

It is a bit trickier than that, as if you clamp between 0.1 and 0.5, the 0.5 is extent found correctly… However the 0.1 isn’t… BUT, if you pass those values via the parameter system, the extents are correctly found! However for certain other values this doesn’t work… So there is definitively something fishy going on…