Flipped tile output - help please

Bug 1) sometimes my Tile output is flipped vertically. I can’t figure out why or what causes it… I think it might be resolution of the output. If I build with tiles of 512, they seem to render fine. Yet, my prior build was at a resolution of 2048 per-tile and some of my output was flipped vertically. This is NOT on all output types, it’s only on certain type of node layout… which does have some ‘tiling’ 16-bit .tif inputs, getting combined with other data in the file before getting output.

bug 2) I am having garbled (odd looking, sometimes inversed, other times blank, other times incorrect tiling edges) data in some of the tiles in a set on these same layers - I can’t figure that out either. Anyone else seen this sort of described behavior, know any work arounds?

Help! I’m in a tight squeeze :slight_smile:

Just a public follow up to help anyone else with these same issues:

After some emailing, we determined the two bugs below are caused by :

1. The RGB TIFF format image orientation flags are not supported consistently by all applications. Photoshop in particular does not seem to respect the bottom-left orientation flag that WM was using. Switching to PNG or another input application can fix this.

2. Using clamps with “Normalize” checked can cause issues with tiled terrains where terrain levels or outputs seem to vary between tiles. WM needs to be better about warning regarding use of this flag, or have better ultimate algorithms to deal with it (or both)