Geological-time enhancement

I am using 2351 pro 64-bit WM

When I enable the enhancement it makes this hill on the right side nothing happened on the left side. It seems to be very sensible…
I have tried different value but it does not help. The only way to get rid of the small hill on the rightside is to uncheck the enhancement…

Here is a an other example. Look on the left side when enhancement is ticked.

Not sure if it is the Layout generator that is causing this…I am using a lines to make the mountain

I am using WM 2.3.6 PRO 64-bit version
I have done some more test and I can now replicate the problem with the edges.

This is when the Geoligica time enhancement is ticked in the erosion device and I selecte diffren scale
Notice the that 2 of the scale is OK when I ticked the +1 (the 1025 and the 2049)
I need the 1009 and the 2017 size for UDK so I am a bit stranded…atm

This is how it looks when I untick the geological time enhancer

one thing about you hotshot, you never fail to provide a hell lot of data about your problem!

i see your enhancement slider has a negative value, just make it 0 and try again. maybe that will fix the problem.

cheers!!!

Hmm thanxs WFab :lol:

Interesting I did not see that it was -1.004 in my first post.
Unfortunately in my latest screen the enhancement is set to +0.502…
Can you replicate this problem?
Anyone?

Thanks for the extensive testing on this front!

There are some artifacts to the currently available geological time implementation – particularly notable when resolution is not a power-of-two-plus-one.

The good news is, I’ve actually just finished some work extending the framework to be much more stable across all resolutions – this should fix this issue, and also in particular help with making erosion much more consistent across resolution scales. You will be able to choose to use the new or old version.

More details to come – the next dev channel release is going to be a monster of a feature release :slight_smile:

And in the meantime, I would recommend solving your problem by either not using geological time in this particular map scenario, or perform two erosions; one without to do the borders properly, and another with but with the borders masked out so that it doesnt’ effect them.

Is this fixed in 2.3.6.1 Pro Version 64-bit? If so please enlighten me how to turn it off??

The fixed version is currently en queue in the dev channel – the most recent release was just to get some bug fixes out to folks. It shouldn’t be too much longer – just ironing out UI issues with localspace still.

Thanks Remnant for the reply. It makes sense…:slight_smile: