Gradient displaying in Colorizer is spoiled in 2.3.6.1

I can’t properly see gradients in Colorizer using version 2.3.6.1. It affects only displaying in Colorize settings window, calculations are performed correctly. In version 2.3.4.1 everything works OK.

Gradient in v2.3.6.1

The same gradient in v2.3.4.1

oops! Looks like a bugfix somewhere else caused a regression. I have already identified the source of this, and will issue a fix as soon as this weekend is over.

Thanks for the bug report!

Adding numerical color settings and numerical read out in Colorizer would be very welcome. Now is very difficult to match colors of the gradient to color(s) set numerically in Color generator. Lack of that feature may be called as functionality bug. :wink:

Hi,

That’s definitely a highly requested and simple feature to add. I will see if I can sneak it in when I get the bug fix out for this.

Hi,

Good to hear that we can get it soon and nice to know that World Machine has so efficient support.

Would it be possible to add numerical input for the key positions? I think it might help a lot, giving a bit more control not only placing the colors based on altitude, but also building more complex gradients. Having also a scroll list, when the keys are very close positioned, might help also.

good ideas all around.

Every suggestion in this thread has been implemented, and I’m just testing to make sure nothing else got broken as a consequence. If everything looks good the fix + enhancements will be rolled out soon.

Quoted for agreement.

Hats off to you, sir!