Graphic Glitch in Device Workview

Your bug report should include:

1. What happened: I’ve noticed this in both versions of WM I’ve used since I started working on my new laptop with Windows 10. Randomly, one or two components will “throw off” their skins to make random shapes in the same color elsewhere on the screen.

I’ll try to attach a screenshot of one example.

1. Does it happen consistently, or randomly? I’ve noticed it happening in most of my work sessions.

2. The steps to reproduce it. Include a screenshot or world file if possible.

Hey, annoying to hear this bug is still around. I looked up the previous thread and as far as I can tell, there is no fix for this.

Do you happen to use an AMD GPU? Or the internal graphics of an AMD CPU?

It maybe helps if you could share the full spec/parts list of your machine.

Here’s the main portion of the specs. The full listing is messed up by sibling systems all on one web page with inline text where there should be columns.

ASUS ROG Strix G17 Gaming Laptop, 17.3" 144 Hz FHD IPS, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU(130W), AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor, 16 GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 10

…it is mildly annoying at first but seems mostly harmless, so I could survive without a fix, but darn it, it is still annoying!

Yep, it’s an old AMD specific bug where node colors randomly go crazy. Graph should still work normally though, it’s mostly a visual glitch. It’s a known bug. Do file a proper bug report with support though, every bit is helpful.

Well, I failed to figure out how to file an official bug report on this, but if someone can explain how, I will be sure to follow up on it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.