GUI bug?

I don’t know if somebody else has already experiences this “problem”.
WM displays hints (pale yellow boxes explaining a button)

But WM always shows the hint for the button the mouse pointed at before.

Screenshots
The topmost shot shows the normal behaviour.
The second shows how it “works” when WM is running. The hint for the Inverter is shown instead of the one for Displacement (the mouse isn’t visible)
Even more strange: It also influences windows’ gui (see 3rd shot).

I know this bug is not important at all, but I wanted it to be mentioned. :mrgreen:

I experimented it before, but only on one computer (…mine). Because it appears only on my computer and because it also influences windows’ gui, I was sure it was not WM related.
But now you points it…

What is your PC (Windows version, graphic card, memory…) ?

CPU: P3 650MHz (Coppermine)
RAM: 256MB
graphic card: Ati Rage 128

…only high end stuff…
:mrgreen:

What steps do you take to exhibit this bug? Like Rhalph says, he ran into it on one computer during testing but I’ve been unable to duplicate the problem on any others, which makes it hard to diagnose the problem!

I have a similar configuration on one of my machines here. I haven’t tested this, but if I am given specific steps I will see if it also occurs here.

• Oshyan

I have seen a similar behaviour (oversized tooltips) in windows XP itself. I’ve seen windows’ tooltips (on the system tray) have the correct text but the tooltip was dimentioned acording to the previous’ text size. I recall the machine where I saw this, but I don’t remember of WorldMachine was open at the time, or if I saw this behaviour in WM… I can test it again, but no sooner than monday.
But I do recall running my cursor over the windows tray icons, and the text was correct on “missized” tooltips. I think they had that black rectangle part as well.
This computer where this happened had a different windows theme applied to it, not the default XP looks, nor the Classic looks. I assumed it would be a bug with that windows theme, screwing up the tooltips. It might be worth trying out different windows themes. Possibly is a Theme bug and not WM’s…

But monday I will go back to the PC where I noticed it, to try and pick up more info on this. (though I won’t have permissions to change theme :()

I have the silver XP-Theme, I’ll try switching to standard XP theme…

No - the same problem.

Fortunately, this bug is not dangerous or something.

But WM always shows the hint for the button the mouse pointed at before.
Strange, I'm sure I read a similar thread to this some where before.

Regarding the miss labelling, it’s OK on mine. The only button it doesn’t work on at all, is the ‘World Size Control’ between the save and the preference buttons.

yeah, that one is still missing the tooltip, I think :slight_smile:

I have that bug too everytime I launch WM !

My pc :
P4 (HT) 2.8 Ghz
2*512 mo PC3200
Windows XP Pro SP1
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT (and the same bug on a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with the same machine).

It’s really anoying !

I think I’ve just fixed the tool tip problem on my machine.

After turning off the hardware acceleration, the tool tips appear as expected. Anybody else who has the problem care to try this and verify it?

Running WIN XP, Pentium 4, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200.

Yeah!
Turning off hardware accelleration solved the problem on my pc too! :smiley:

But still, for a split of a second, WM shows the wrong tooltip - so the problem might be caused by win and wm.

I’ve no problems concerning the tooltips.
Tested on 3,2 GHz Machine with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and an 2,80 GHz Machine with Windows 2000.

World Machine Version is 1.25.

One thing I’ve noticed is that when World Machine starts, the World Machine window is not yet the active window. I’ve to click into it, to make it active.