Has development slowed down?

The last development post from remnant was from March :confused:

Has development simply slowed down or is World Machine “going down” ?

If you track large releases from the past, you’ll quickly realize vast swaths of times separate them. All appears normal.

Hi there,

I understand your worry about radio silence! It’s easy for me to forget to post bits of info to let people know that I"m still alive. Development is still moving along rapidly – there’s a major new dev channel release coming out soon, but there’s been a ton of things that have to be squared up before it can be released and its’ been a bit of a grind getting through them.

Also bear in mind that I generally only post about things on the Dev Blog that I’m more or less confident will see the light of day – chunks of time dedicated to various experiments, dead ends, and R&D efforts don’t get discussed. Sometimes, the most intense and productive periods are actually the ones that appear to be dead, as the focus has shifted to stuff that isn’t ready for prime time but might bear fruit later.

For example, the Mimic Device is the last thing I posted about on the dev blog this spring; but it’s actually from a side experiment from probably almost a year ago! Only once I was convinced that it was useful/stable enough for prime time did it surface.

Cheers

Cool stuff! Good to know you are still kicking! :slight_smile: