having problems to export world machine pgm heightmap

hello guys i’m having this little problem when i export the heightfield with .pgm it gives me this strange formation in the photoshop

does anyone know how to fix this?

I strongly suspect Photoshop has a bug in its 16bit ascii pgm import. I have confirmed WM’s export is correct not just via inspection but also with other image viewers that support 16bit PGM (ie ImageMagick). Conversely, if I reduce WM’s output resolution to 8bit photoshop will accept it correctly, but that is a generally lousy option.

For exporting to photoshop I recommend using an alternative format such as the popular PNG or TIFF that offer full 16bit support.

Thank you for replying me Remnant, the photoshop i am using is the creative cloud photoshop, could it be the new version that is appearing this bug? And so if i use .tiff or .png it will have different quality?

As it happens, I also use the creative cloud version and can duplicate the problem – but unfortunately the issue shouldn’t exist!

Yes, PNG or TIFF would be my recommendation for image transfer.

Well i will try to reinstall in another computer to see what happens, could be a bad download.

I can confirm that Photoshop CS6 has the same issue with PGM files.

Its not a big deal for me as i usually go straight from WM to CRYENGINE, but hey.