Hello you guys!

Hello everybody! I’ve recently been experimenting with Mudbox and World-machine. FANTASTIC programs!

I just have one question though, I am having difficulty getting my heightmap to register correctly I guess. Not really sure what the issues is here, hoping one of you could take a look. :slight_smile:

I designed the terrain in Mudbox, extracted the heightmap, and began working with it in Mudbox.

I eventually hope to bring it into the U.D.K, but want a natural enviroment, not a stepped one as shown in the photograph I’ve attatched to this post.

Do you think I need to extract it to a 32 bit tiff from Mudbox? I currently have it in 16 bit Floating integer compression format.

Thanks!

Forgot to attach the photo! Here it is.

Hey this is Minecraft world :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are my favorite settings for export from mudbox, and I also use a 16 bit TIFF, I’ll never encountered such problems.

And what size of textures do you use?
You can also try to enable anti-aliasing.

Okay, so you don’t think it’s anything to do with World Machine then? Beautiful! Thanks a bunch for your quick reply.

Yes, as much as MindCraft is an innovation, I don’t quite want my game to be based upon it graphically. :wink:

2048 x 2048 is the texture size.

I’ll try with your export settings, and report back here ASAP! Thanks again. :smiley:

-UPDATE!-

GASP!!! You’ve solved it!

Save it NOT as floating Point upon height map extraction. Lesson learned! Thanks! I’m so freaking exicted now! haha