Horizontal and Vertical Lines appearing after erosion pass.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I’m always getting these large lines, or sharp humps on my terrain after I pass it through erosion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Could you post your erosion settings that you used for this terrain? Erosion is highly sensitive to its parameters, and some of them do introduce artifacts like you’ve shown here.

Just off the top of my head, I would check and see if your “Reconstructive type” is set to Additive in the geological time enhancement section. If so, change it to interpretive.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here are the settings I’currently using. There are two I’m blending them together…

Thanks for the response!
Nick

Anyone have any idea? Really need to fix this.

Cheers,
Nick

I dont know how “secret” your work is, but what about sharing your .tmd?

Also, do you have any 3D engine like Unity3D, there? You could load your heightmap in Unity and check if the terrain actually looks the same way as in WM.

It might be a WM 3D engine’s issue, more than a heightmap artefact…

One thing to check is that there is not a seam in the underlying noise function – these can sometimes occur. As others said it depends on the TMD file. One way to find out is to click the “Randomize” dice button on the toolbar, which will totally change your terrain, but will make it immediately obvious if this is coming from erosion or from another source.