How do I combine 8 different terrains into one

I want to make a single world and output it as a tiled heightmap. The problem is I have 8 separate TMD files, each with its own terrain style. I was able to cut and paste each of the 8 terrain setup into one file, how do i lay them out side by side. Basically how do i combine the 8 different areas to make them one map, placing each of the 8 areas next to each other.

Not sure if this is what you want, but if the separate terrains are not initially tile-able, you may try using an image editor (like Photoshop) and the healing brush the seams.

I did a quick test, using two different terrains at 513x513. I put them on the upper half a new 1024x1024 image and then rotated 180 degrees the two initial images and added those to the lower half, so there were four terrains that didn’t match (tile). Then I merged the four layers and used the healing brush to blend the seams.

It actually looked pretty good in Terragen2.

Thanks Jaf, I was going to try that. What I am really trying to do is make a large map (16000x16000 meters) with a lot of variation, didn’t want areas to look to similar, sort of like zones with different terrain types. How would I go about that.

figured it out, pretty easy, take 8 layout generators