How to create a splat map for Unity?

Hi again. I’ve had a fair chunk of issues with splat map creation in World Machine, to go into unity.
I have followed this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPwG_CXYFA

I am having problems with textures repeating over the whole map instead of within the boundries of the splat map. It’s like it’s not working at all. What appears to be happening is that the sand texture (alpha) is repeating over the whole map. Perhaps the alpha channel isn’t working properly.Can someone let me know how to create a splat map properly?

Cheers again

Garth

Hi there,

I don’t know if I know what is wrong, but I might be able to point you the right way.

First of all, take a look at your World Machine exports with windows explorer or similar and make sure that your terrain and splatmap look as expected there. If they do, then at least you know that you have exported them correctly, and that the solution will be within unity.

Thanks again steven.

I figured it out eventually. I had to use the sand mask/invert it, then use it as a mask to mask the grass from the sand. Also, using 1 untiled colour map on such a large map (64sq kilometers) meant that falloff levels with height slop nodes etc needed to be really low (0.002). It’s now in Unity and looking great. Ready to add assets. Thanks again

Garth

xrumer888@outlook.com

awcidopi@email.namnerbca.com

iknohxt@email.namnerbca.com