I can't download world machine!

When i try downloading the basic version, it says, “unable to find-” and then it says every single file including world machine.exe. is it because im using FF or on a limited account?

That is odd… Possibly FireFox is trying to execute the installer instead of downloading. Try right-clicking on the link and choose “Save target as…” Otherwise, it works fine with my FirFox (I upgraded to 2.0 last week)

okay I’ll try that…

I did it, and tried installing, but it still couldn’t find/download any of the files. :frowning:

You mentioned a “limited account”… Is that public computer, like in a library or university? Such system could not give you permissions to install stuff.

There is only one file that needs to be downloaded, which is the “WM125Basic.exe”.
The rest of the files are extracted from this installer. If these files aren’t found after installation, that means they could not have been written to disk, I suppose.
Does this make sense in your case?
Choose a different directory for installing it, instead of the default “\Program Files”

no I’m just not the admin of my home compy. it cant even find the wm.exe or w/e.

I am not sure but doesn’t the Firefox has an directory where the downloaded files will be stored?
You can set this directory in the settings, category Downloads.

Otherwise it will save it to the desktop

Am I right that you have downloaded World Machine but did not find the Setup file after the download?
So if the download works this is not the problem.

It must be something else then.

yeh yey yeh. but when i click on the file to install, it says unable to find ‘file’.

What is the extension of the file you have downloaded?
It must be *.exe
The size of the file has to be approximately 3 MB.
Maybe it is 0kb and something went wrong with the download.

I’m not sure if it is possible to download a ZIP-File also.
If you’ve downloaded a ZIP-File (file extension is *.zip) you need a software to unpack the file.
Maybe you have no software (like WinZip f. e.) installed for doing this?

The only file that is available for download through WM’s page, is called “WM125Basic.exe”
If it is a download problem, you can email Stephen through the support email, and ask him to send you the file attached or so. (3MB attachment :P)
If the file reaches you ok, and the problem still occurs, well tehn I have no explanation for it… :shock:

Could it be some windows thing, that associates some weird behavior to an .exe file?

I’ll try the email thing.

May I ask which operating system you have?

its windows xp. the kind with media center scheme.

Could it be that you’ve saved the file to a directory which is only visible for the Administrator?
Maybe you can login as Local Administrator on the machine and check out if the file is available then?

That is only a guess.
I think that the email would be the best.