Icebergs Macro

Hi,

this Icebergs
is my first WM macro. The WM Testfile is for showing how to use it in WM.
I would be happy for any comment and hints for improvements.

Markus

The Universal Splitter has been disconnected while saving the macro.
I recomend to use a normal splitter here.
(there is a macro-destroying bug with the UniSplitter)

@Nikita:thank you for testing. didn’t knew about this bug.

OK, changed the uni-splitter to normal splitter. The Macro should work properly now.

I like this macro!

It’s a straightforward but neat effect.

I like this macro! It's a straightforward but neat effect.

Hi Stephen,
yap … it’s rather simple at the moment, but i am working on more options and maybe some presets. Let’s see what i can achieve.

Hi there,
Icebergs Macro is the new version within a .tmd-file. If you want to add it to your macro folder, just klick on the macro and select menu “Device command>Save device to library …”. A requester pops up and asks for the place to save. The .tmd-file shows one way to use the macro. There are certainly others.

I would be greatfull for every comment and bug report.

Markus

That’s an interesting effect!..
You can do icebergs, scattered rock… Neat idea!.. I think I still need to play a bit with it, as I’m getting triangular icebergs, and other giant ice caps… It gets trickier to work at higher resolutions also…

That's an interesting effect!.. You can do icebergs, scattered rock.. Neat idea!.. I think I still need to play a bit with it, as I'm getting triangular icebergs, and other giant ice caps.. It gets trickier to work at higher resolutions also..

I can certainly make a slider to change the voronoi-noise, so that you get other forms. You can use the distortion effect, too. Would it be of any help, if i make an input for distortion (noise or something)?

Regards,
Markus

You can use the distortion effect, too. Would it be of any help, if i make an input for distortion (noise or something)?
Maybe.. I don't know if that would make it a bit complicated to work with.. I fear that if the icebergs get small, there is not much control that you can extract from a distortion input that may justify the heightfield input.. hmm.. Though, some characteristics of the distortion may be specified that way.. I don't know.. possibly something to try out.. Let me fool arround a bit and I might suggest something more..

Hm, yeah … the higher res problem is something i have no idea how to solve at the moment. I tested up to 2049² with slight problems at the highest res.

… suddenly a bird (Parus major/Kohlmeise http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlmeise) jumps into my living room (door to the terrace is open) … he or she looks curious around … searching for insects i think … hop … flew away … very cute

... suddenly a bird (Parus major/Kohlmeise [url]http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlmeise[/url]) jumps into my living room (door to the terrace is open) ... he or she looks curious around ... searching for insects i think ... hop ... flew away ... very cute

That is world machines mascot - it always flies around, looking not for insects, but for bugs :mrgreen:

[...] That is world machines mascot - it always flies around, looking not for insects, but for bugs :mrgreen:
Hey, you are right! The bug in my macro is gone! ;-)

P.S.: For the non native german speakers: We are talking about a Tit/Titmouse (that is what gmx clictionary gives me as a translation of ‘Meise’)