Inputs getting ignored

So I’m not exactly sure what and where things are breaking but I have noticed several cases where connected inputs get ignored. In my current case I have a perlin noise that gets packed into RGB with 2 other noises, passed into a macro, split back into individual noises, passed into another macro where it finally breaks.

Interestingly when copied and pasted my test case into its own file, it worked as expected. But after making a few changes and undoing them it broke again. So the good news is I have a working and broken copy of the same tmd.

I’m pretty sure this problem’s been around for a while, I’ve had a few issues in the past, but I only now have a project that’s complex enough to see it regularly. The project files attached are saved in 2.3.3.1. Just dig into the 2 macros and render the ramp, it should be distorted as it is one level up.

Hi there,

I was just getting set to post that I couldn’t replicate this issue and then I read closely that you mentioned “render the ramp” specifically, as opposed to build the world.

Sure enough, I can now replicate the issue in the rebroke file. I will take a look at this shortly and get a fix out soon.

Thank you, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

just as a further followup, I wanted to mention that this is a problem only with build-to-device inside of macros… if the entire world is built you should be able to still work around this.

This has been fixed (along with a couple other macro-related display wierdness issues) for 2.3.4.

Thanks again! By chance did you fix any bugs like not being able to build current device with devices that are 2 or more macro levels deep? I pretty much always have to be in the top level graph or 1 macro deep to be able to do it. It doesn’t seem 100% consistent but more often than not.

And if not, then I can make an example tmd if that helps.

It should also fix that problem.

If you can post an example TMD that I can test against I can check for sure :slight_smile:

Certainly, here you go! Seems to always happen actually, I didn’t have to do anything special to reproduce.

yep, this is fixed.

Hell yeah, great to hear! :smiley: