Invalid files being output; session can't write output at all.

I recently finished a build of a very simple terrain at a resolution of 32,768 and saved out .r16 and .tif files. Both files are messed up and I can’t open them with anything, Photoshop is reporting an unexpected end-of-file. I loaded the session back up and when I try to write the files out again I get an error saying that the device is not connected properly. I built an 8K version of this exact same network earlier this week and the files were properly formatted, the only difference is the resolution and some parameter changes for a couple of nodes; so I don’t understand what the issue is.

Also, both the r16 and tif files are only 2GB, I thought they were supposed to be 4GB, don’t know if that’s related or if I’m just wrong.

Thanks.

Basic question: Can the file system where you saved the files actually handle files larger than 2GB? FAT16 cannot. FAT32 is limited to just under 4GB, which will fail for files that are supposed to contain 4GB of data plus some overhead like internal file headers. NTFS doesn’t have file size limitations (in practice).

All of my drives are using the NTFS file system, so that isn’t the problem. Thanks though, I hadn’t even thought of that.