invalid path

help! whenever i try and open world machine it says i have an invalid path. Its in program files, i downloaded it directly to their.

I have no clue to when that message appears.
Were you able to run the program before? what exactly does the message say?
I’ve tried removing some necessary files for WM to run, but the messages I got were not simillar to “invalid path”.
Maybe except for a “cannot find DLL” message. Was it this the case? If so, check for a file called “support.dll” in the same directory as world.exe

You say you downloaded it directly to there. Where did you download it from? was it not an installer executable?

You may want to install WM again. But if you can be more specific to what is happening, we appreciate it so we can avoid it happening in the future.

i downloaded it directly to the program files…all my other files there run. When ever i click the desktop item, or the file when i search in my computer, it says “C:\Program Files\World Machine\Files\World contains an invalid path” Thats directly quoted. I click on the main executable

When you say “downloaded”, do you mean you saved it directly from an internet link/URL to that location? If so, where did you get it from - this site, or somewhere else? Only this site has the official version of World Machine.

Or, do you mean “downloaded” more like “installed”. In other words you got the installer from somewhere, opened it, then installed it to the Program Files location? This latter approach is the more usual one, and is was is expected for programs like this to work.

To make sure you are doing things right, go to the download location of http://www.world-machine.com , download the installer from there, save it somewhere like My Documents. When it is done downloading, double-click to open it, and it will start the installer. You can generally just use the defaults as far as location, etc. going through the installer. At the end you should have a working installed version of World Machine with a shortcut that launches it. If not, we will have to investigate further.

• Oshyan