[Layout Device] ~ Breakup scale is too stiff, any workaround/alternative?

Hi everybody, been years since my last visit…and the last time I found myself using WM. ^^’

Straight to the problem: I have a 500x500 meters extent; in this extent is an island that takes most of the space; over this island I’m placing some hills of the smooth kind.
Although of the smooth kind, I’d like these hills to have some variance in their base shape (not just roundish like a pregnant lady’s belly).
To make the hills I used layout lines with specific altitudes for each vertex. To achieve a more interesting look I wanted to exploit the shape breakup feature.

Alas, the shape breakup scale value can’t go anywhere below 333m in size, which means every feature would be roughly 4-6 times the size of the hill itself.
I see no input hook named after this parameter, on top of the device, thus I guess using a scalar input is not an option.

I want orizontal distortion, not vertical bumps, thus multiplying it by a perlin noise wouldn’t give me the right result.

Question: is there a workaround for this? Or maybe an alternative?

Thank you. ^^

Ich weiß, dass diese Site eine große Site zum Datenaustausch ist, also habe ich mehr Informationen recherchiert, um sie mit Menschen außerhalb zu teilen.