Layout generator, lines between shapes

There probably isn’t a way to solve this, but I’m placing mountains on an island in it’s own layout generator and then combining it with the island layout generator. The problem is that there are noticeable lines where mountains intersect and really throws the look off. Anyone got tips other than to keep them obviously apart? Thanks.

Use a blending mode to do more of an “averaging” effect, instead of a “maximum” effect.

Ah hmm, by blending mode, do you mean the falloff profile curve? Got an example for me please? For the combiner between mountains/islands it’s set to Average at 0.5 strength, but the lines occur from the beginning in the island layout generator.

No, he means you should use a “combiner” device and set it to “Average” mode (which should be the default anyway).

You’re right those lines are not something you can prevent, since you’re basically mixing two hemispherical shapes.
What you could do is making them as a one single shape.

Usually, when I want to make a chain of hills or mountains, I use simple lines and I give vertices different heights (right click on a vertex and select “Enter precise value…”).
This way I can manually set the altitude of the area where the falloff of two peaks encounter, leaving no “wrinkles”.

I see how using circles makes all the sense in the world, but I find it to be a very stiff way to create elelvations.
Anyway, passing the whole bunch of elevations into one single erosion node could elegantly blend them together even as separate shapes.

means you should use a “combiner” device and set it to