Layout View Bug!

In 2.3 and 2.3.2, my layout view becomes garbled when it begins to render a higher detail pass on the terrain, or when the Layout/Explorer Active Resolution is set to 2097k tris.

In 2.3.3, there is no terrain at all. It’s black.

In 2.2, it works perfectly but I can’t load any scenes that were made in 2.3+.

I seem to have isolated the problem to having a clamp node in the network with “Normalize Input” checked. Even if the clamp is bypassed, it still garbles. Is there a workaround? Can you fix this asap! I normalize all the time!

For those with the bug, a workaround is to set to clamp to “expand” and hit “find extents” for a way to normalize. Some of the garbliness goes away.

[edit] Now in experimenting further, it seems the garbliness is there all the time but in adding nodes like clamp, displacement, blur, expander, etc, the squares just get more visible until your terrain is illegible. Attached is a shot of my layout view viewport.

Hi there,

What I believe you’re describing is unfortunately expected behavior – when using a Normalize Clamp, Flipper, displacement, etc the layout view (and tiled outputs) are seriously disrupted…This shouldn’t be any different from 2.2.

I am very curious about the no terrain at all thing though. If that happens, just to double check, if you turn off lighting do you see terrain?