Layout

Help !
I need more Youtube tutorial. I dont understand the LAyout, Layoutgenerator

Can I only have one? But it sems like I can have multiple?
When I move the Viewport it seems to be linkt to all Advancedperl?
I want to select diffren places on diffrent Advancedperl is it possible?
Tell me MORE about the viewports please. It all is a mystery…

Hi there,

There are two distinctly different concepts at work here: Layout generators and Viewports.

The Layout View is a general-purpose view that lets you do multiple things:

Viewports: Viewports define a rectangle in your world that you want to render/examine more closely. Each viewport you create can be toggled through with the left-right arrows on the top of the left-side toolbar (above the preview window).

You can change viewports either in the render settings dialog, or in the layout view by going into viewport mode and dragging/resizing the windows.

Since they are a View on the terrain, they don’t do anything themselves – but you can have multiple viewports so that you may, for example, have one viewport that covers an entire large area, while another is a zoomed-in closeup of some particular region.

If you want to “move” features on different advanced perlin noises, what you need to do is move the Origin of the perlin noise. You can do that in two ways:

1. In the Adv Perlin dialog, in the transformation section, change the values given to step the terrain left/right/up/down. Or click the “Set in layout” button to…
  2. Set the device origin in layout view by clicking the icon for “Device Editmode” (the hand grabbing a device in the set of three icons on the leftside layout window). Now just grab the device origin that you should see to a new location and notice that that noise has been updated.

Cheers!

AWESOME! Atlast it works just like I wanted to… Thank you

I used the “box” to move it around before but it did not workout .

I now understand the Viewports this is heavy stuff Dude…
I will “digest” this new knowledge and then return with new questions.
This new information have east the mystery of this Software. Untill next time Take care.